Facility Use Rules and Agreement Introduction and Purpose
Our building was constructed to serve the mission of our congregation. Because part of our mission is to support our local community and neighbors we offer to share our space so long as the group or activity do not conflict with our values or our beliefs. The purpose of these rules and user agreement is to promote harmony between the congregation and groups sharing the space while working to create a safe space for all. We seek to do this so that all is in accordance with our congregation’s goals and principles while minimizing facility maintenance costs.
Donations or Fees
Members of the St Paul Lutheran Church and their family may use the church facility for personal use. Community organizations, providing services to the community, are welcome to use the facility. A donation is requested to cover the associated costs of utilities and custodian.
- Scheduling of the Church Facility is coordinated through the church office.
- A completed and signed Facility Use Agreement and Release form is required to schedule church facilities.
- Schedule requests are considered in the order they are received.
- Church functions have first priority.
- Time shall be reserved between specific facility uses to allow for set-up, clean-up and uses that may run over time. The amount of time will differ depending on the use, but 2 hours is considered minimum.
- Alcoholic beverages and use of tobacco products are prohibited anywhere on church property.
- No decoration shall be attached to the walls or ceilings. Decoration or posters shall be attached to the tack strip only.
- Decorations shall reflect the Christian environment.
- Tape of any kind on the walls and ceilings is prohibited.
- Tape on the floor is prohibited except painter’s tape which must be removed after each usage.
- Activities shall be limited to the areas of the building that were requested. If other rooms in the church are used, permission must be granted.
- Supplies including paper and food items in the kitchen are for church functions only.
- Kitchen utensils, plates, glasses, silverware, table cloths and coffee maker are for church member use only.
- Children under the age of 18 must be under adequate adult supervision at all times both inside and outside while on Church property.
- Church property will not be loaned, borrowed, or removed from church premises without prior permission from the church office.
- The church area used must be left clean and orderly with the church furniture returned to its designated place.
- Users agree to be responsible for turning off all lights, closing windows and doors, and locking the facility after all participants have exited the building.
- Food and drink is limited to the Fellowship Hall or other areas as requested and permitted on the Facility Use Request form. Food and drink are not permitted in the sanctuary.
- Storage space is limited to use by church groups unless prior arrangements have been made through the church office.
- We ask that all users pay close attention to personal property and valuables and not leave them unattended. The church is not responsible for theft or damage to personal property.
- Non-church member organizational users must provide a certificate of insurance naming St. Paul Lutheran Church as additional insured. A certificate should be provided to the church office at least 7 days before the first use. For continuing usage, the form must be renewed annually.
- Users must follow the posted sewage warning signs displayed in restrooms, kitchen, and fellowship utility room.