Worship Leader: Pastor Paul Tomkiel; Music Director: Debbie Strouse; Organist: Jim Rearick; Pianist: Michelle McMullen; Acolyte: Cassie McMullen; Assisting Minister: Carl Tier; Reader/Communion Assistant: Linda Rosensteel; Ushers: Joe and Delorse Homan, Ike Rosensteel; Counters: Ike Rosensteel, Jeff Muthler; Home Visitor: Sally Kolesar; Sign Changer: Linda Rosensteel: Sacristan: Delorse Homan; Hosts/Hostesses: Franie Pollack, Delorse Homan, Art and Ann Reede
Stewardship Snippet for January 27, 2019 Psalm 19:9b, 10: The ordinances of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey. Stewardship is all about priorities and values. What do we prize above all else? Faithful steward/disciples value the teachings of God that guide us to fulfilled lives..
- Fellowship and the Annual Meeting follow worship this Sunday. Please plan to stay for our Fellowship Lunch followed by the Annual Congregational Meeting. Everyone is invited to bring a dish to share. Come and join us!
- Worship Volunteers for February are being sought. Sign-up sheets are on the table in the narthex for February and March. Please prayerfully consider how you might serve.
- Adult Choir will rehearse on Sunday after the worship service.
- This week we celebrate the Third Sunday in Epiphany. Holy Communion will be offered by intincion.
- This week we join the churches in the Allegheny Synod in praying for Faith Lutheran Church in Somerset and Mount Zion Lutheran Church in Bakersville.
- The Worship & Music Team will meet on Tuesday, January 29, 7:00 PM.
- Friendship Baskets — This year the WELCA group will be putting together the Friendship baskets on Saturday, February 2, only for our members who need encouragement or are shut in. We will purchase all the items for only 15 baskets. If you would like to make a monetary donation, please contact Linda Muthler, Sally Kolesar, or Ann Reede today.
- A Community Youth event will be held on the evening of January 27 3:30 PM – 5:30 PM at the Lions Club.
- The Allegheny Synod 40,000 Can Challenge continues through February 3. So far St. Paul has sent 110 items to the State College Food Bank; recorded monetary donations so far from St. Paul is $50. The totals are being sent to the Synod office. Please bring your donation of non-perishable food items and place in the Food Bank box in the narthex. At this time the Synod total is 14,750.
- Funeral Planning Workshop from the Planning Ahead series is set for Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 2:00 PM here at St. Paul. This event is for members, friends and neighbors in the community. The guest speaker will be Jay from Koch Funeral Home in State College. Please bring your family and friends and neighbors. Making a Will and Estate Planning Workshops are being planned for a later time. Watch for dates and times in the bulletins and on the website.
- This February at our Wellness Book Fair we will be featuring various books for sale for adults that promote various kinds of wellness.
- Please pray for the State College community and beyond due to the shootings this past week. Pray for all concerned.