Memorial service for John Schueltz will be held at St. Paul on August 4. A meal will be served. If you wish to help with the meal in any way, please call Sally Kolesar.
Corn Boil: Thursday, August 2, 3:00 – 7:00 PM during the Pine Grove Mills Farmers’ Market. Sit under the Community Tent or bring your own picnic blanket. Brought to you by the Ferguson Lions Club.
We are collecting wedding anniversaries and birthdates for the persons in our congregation. Please add your dates to the sheet on the narthex table.
Your help is needed with worship services in August. Please sign up today on the sheet in the narthex.
Property Team Announcement: The Property Team is planning an outdoor work evening at the church on August 6 starting at 5:30 PM. We are planning to trim the shrubbery and clean the storage shed. Subway sandwiches and drinks will be provided for volunteers at 6:00 PM.
Are you interested in becoming a prayer partner? A sign-up sheet is on the narthex table to become a prayer partner with another person. See Jill Lemke or Linda Muthler for more details.
Each Sunday the Texas Roadhouse restaurant has a deal for you and St. Paul. Dine at the Texas Roadhouse on any given Sunday and show them your current Sunday bulletin; you will receive 10% off your bill and the restaurant will donate $1.00 to St. Paul. One bulletin per person to be eligible for this deal.
Coming in August, the annual St. Paul Annual Rummage Sale and Bake Sale. A list of times and items and other information is included below:
- Rummage and Bake Sale — August 15— 18 (Wednesday & Thursday, August 15 & 16 from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM; Friday & Saturday, August 17 & 18 from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM.)
- Proceeds to benefit the Roof Fund – (see Pastor Paul clean shaven); and the Deaf Ministry of the Allegheny Synod
- Search for items to sell –things you’d be willing to donate to a good friend; clean, unbroken, complete
- Bring items to the church on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, August 12, 13, and 14 from 1-4 PM. If you absolutely need to bring items before then, please put them in the parlor or the room between the parlor and choir)
- Please NO magazines, VHS, cassette tapes, artificial flowers, Christmas items, or electronics.
- Questions: call/text Jill at 814-769-9022.
- New this year: Baked goods sale items are needed for the days of the Rummage Sale. We are inviting everyone who can to donate baked goods (homemade or bought).
Pine Grove Mills Farmers Market continues every Thursday until the end of September from 3:00 – 7:00 PM in the church parking lot. Additional parking is available at the Ferguson Township Elementary School. Check the website www.pgmfarmersmarket.com for weekly updates.
Items for the Flood Buckets are still being collected. Select items are needed. A complete list of items is listed on the display in the church narthex.
Lutheran Fall Festival Saturday, September 22, 2018 at Legion Park in Hollidaysburg from 3pm – 7:30 PM. Fellowship activities during the afternoon with a community meal at 5:00 PM and worship at 6:30 PM.
Care of Creation: Lutheran Voice and Vocation, September 8, 2018, beginning at 10:00 AM at Trinity Lutheran Church in State College.
God’s Work. Our Hands. Sunday, September 9
Fall Lutheran Marriage Encounter Weekends
- September 14-16: Weekend at Spruce Lake Retreat in Canadensis, Pa.
- October 19-21: Olmsted Retreat Center in the Allegheny National Forest, 2 hours north of Pittsburgh.
- November 9-11: Weekend at Hampton Inn Berkshires in Lenox, Mass.
For further information please call 724-325-3166 or e-mail email@example.com.