This week we celebrate the Eleventh Sunday after Pentecost. Holy Communion will be offered by intinction.
We join with the congregations of the Allegheny Synod in praying for the congregation of Zion Lutheran Church in Boalsburg.
Serving Sunday, August 20: Greeters, Ron and Debbie Strouse; Assisting Minister, Ann Reede; Communion Assistant, Lauren Muthler; Reader, Eileen Butchkoski; Counters, Ike and Linda Rosensteel; Home Visitor, Judy Kocher; Sacristan, Karen Magnuson; Sign changer, Jill Lemke; Fellowship Hosts, Marilyn Niemann, Ann Reede, Morgen Hummel and Franie Pollack.
Opportunities— This year we will offer opportunities to sign up for worship and other duties on month at a time. October and November sign-up sheets are on the table in the narthex. The Stewardship Committee asks each of you to give of your time to enhance the ministry of St. Paul.
Summer Music—If you play an instrument or sing, you’re invited to offer special music during a summer worship service. A sign-up sheet is posted on the music bulletin board in the hallway. If you need help finding an appropriate song, ask Debbie or Beverly for guidance.
A weekly discussion of the approaching Sunday’s texts is being offered each Wednesday at 1:30 PM. Each week will be new and unique so people can miss several and still fit in the following week.
The August newsletter is available on the St Paul’s WEB pages at http://stpaulpgm.org/wp/newsletter.
2017 Annual Auxiliary Appeal is underway at St. Paul to benefit Allegheny Lutheran Social Ministries. You can make a gift on ALSM’s website: www.alsm.org/donate or make checks payable to The Auxiliary of ALSM. Your gift can be in honor of (living) or in memory of (deceased). Send your check to Allegheny Lutheran Social Ministries, Atn: Advancement Office, 998 Logan Blvd, Altoona, PA 16602 or you can place your gift in the offering plate and it will be forwarded.
A Church Work evening was held on Monday August 14. We trimmed trees, trimmed the shrubbery, and helped get ready for the rummage sale this week. Thanks to all who helped. The photo shows Paul and Lloyd taking a break.
- Next Holy Hike, Saturday, September 9 at 1:00 PM
- God’s Work, Our Hands: September 10
- Harvest Fest, Saturday, September 16; 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Community Worship Service, September 3, at 9:30 AM at the PGM Presbyterian Church
- Blessing of Animals, Sunday, October 1 during worship at St. Paul Lutheran
- Reunion/Homecoming Sunday, October 15
- Reformation Sunday, October 29
- Allegheny Synod Reformation Festival, Saturday, October 14, 2017 at Legion Park, Hollidaysburg—2:00 to 7:00 PM. Vendors-Food-Music-Candlelight Worship Service—the Festival is Free; Dinner tickets are $10 each.
- Reformation Choir Festival, October 1, 2017; 7:00 PM at Zion Lutheran Church Hollidaysburg. Local congregational choirs are invited to participate by either performing a piece or being part of the mass choir. Contact April Antell Tarantine at 814-317-6490.
How good and pleasant it is to live together in unity. (Ps. 133:1)